The Board of Lolly Jar Circus Inc. is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which it collects, holds and administers. Personal information is information which directly or indirectly identifies a person.
Lolly Jar Circus Inc. collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of organizing circus classes with compatible participants and employing appropriately qualified staff. The organisation is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds and administers.
Lolly Jar Circus Inc. recognizes the essential right of individuals to have their information administered in ways which they would reasonably expect – protected on one hand, and made accessible to them on the other.
Lolly Jar Circus Inc. is bound by laws which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organisation has adopted the following principles contained as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
Lolly Jar Circus Inc. will
- Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function;
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access;
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction; and
- Give stakeholders the opportunity of not identifying themselves when completing evaluation forms or opinion surveys.
In relation to medical information in particular, participants and their families and guardians are reassured that this information will only be used to ensure the safety and happiness of the participants during classes or events and as history for medical officers in the case of a medical episode.